Meet the Portland Pounders
The Portland Pounders is Portland, Oregon's wheelchair rugby (also known as quadriplegic rugby or murderball) team.
- Promote awareness of the abilities of quadriplegics.
- Promote awareness of the activities for quadriplegics.
- Provide a competitive recreational activity for quadriplegics of all ages and abilities.
- Provide an alternative forum for physical and recreational therapy.
- Provide an informal support network for quadriplegics.
- Promote self sufficiency, camaraderie, & positive self image.